This slaw is not only tasty and flavorful, but it is also full of super-healthy nutrients. It has cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, and kale, which are very good for you. This recipe also has few calories but a lot of healthy nutrients, like fibre, monounsaturated fats, and vitamin C.
What goes into the slaw?
- 1/3 of a medium green cabbage head, shredded thinly
- 1/3 of a medium red cabbage, shredded thinly
- 2-3 large, very thinly sliced, sweet and sour apples, like Granny Smiths,
- 1/2 cups of dried cranberries, dried cherries, or raisins
- ¾ cup pecans
What goes into the dressing
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of light cranberry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the ingredients for slaw.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing, then add it to the slaw and toss it gently.
- Put in the fridge for at least one hour.
Information about food
About 12 people can eat this recipe.
- Calories 130
- Total fat 7g
- 1 g of saturated fat
- Trans fat 0g
- 0mg of cholesterol
- Sodium 15mg
- Total carbohydrate 17g
- Fibre 3g
- Sugars 11g
- Protein 1g